Disability Safe eLearning Program
This comprehensive 8 module program is designed to assist disability support workers in creating and participating in safe workplace environments.
20-30 minutes per module
$115.50 Incl GST -
Learn essential information about workplace health and safety practices within the disability sector.
- Disability support workers and service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Prevent or respond to workplace bullying
- Adopt food safety principles
- Identify potential hazards of impairment including drugs and alcohol
- Keep workers and clients safe from the spread of disease
- Assist clients with medication management
- Identify potential risks and apply risk management principals
- Employ methods of minimising slips, trips and falls
Disability Safe is a comprehensive and applied program consisting of eight individual e-learning modules. The program has been designed to enhance the quality of disability services through safe work practices. It focuses on developing and expanding knowledge and understanding, in creating and participating in safe workplace environments. The Disability Safe program covers the following topics:
- bullying awareness for senior managers and workers
- food safety for support workers, impairment in the disability sector
- infection control, medication management, risk management
- slips, trips and falls awareness training.