Human Rights and You – Zero Tolerance
All about why human rights matter when supporting people with disability.
4 Hours (4 Modules)
$10.00 Incl GST -
Understand how you can work in a way which supports the human rights of people with disability.
- Disability support workers
- Disability service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand what human rights are
- Empower the rights and responsibilities of the people you support
- Recognise and prevent restrictive practices and abusive behaviour
- Ask for help, and support those you work with in doing the same
Human rights matter. They are there to make things safe and fair for all people. They help us all to live the lives we want to live, whoever we are. Unfortunately not everyone understands what human rights are, or what having human rights means. Some people don’t get to enjoy their human rights. Some people have their rights limited. Some people’s human rights are abused. This includes people with disability. Human Rights and You has been developed for people who work in the disability sector. It will help you get a better idea about what human rights are and why they are important. Most importantly it will help you to understand how you can work in a way which supports the human rights of people with disability.