Leading Work Health and Safety in the Disability Sector
This comprehensive program outlines the framework of health and safety obligations and practices within the disability sector.
$60.50 Incl GST -
Enhance your knowledge and awareness of WHS legislation and workplace safety responsibilities within the disability sector.
- Health and Safety Officers in the disability sector
- Frontline Managers in the disability sector
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand WHS and relevant legislation within the disability sector
- Prepare for the relevant risks involved in working in the disability sector
- Understand WHS risk management principles
- Understand injury management principles and perform relevant training
This online program is specially designed for health and safety officers and frontline managers working in the disability sector. It is a self paced program with each module taking approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. The comprehensive 10 module program is delivered in three sections: • Modules 1-4 cover an introduction to WHS, legislative framework, and WHS management systems and consultations. • Modules 5-6 discuss risk management principles and the relevant risks encountered in the disability sector. • Modules 7-10 cover injury management principles, training, record keeping and continuous improvement. The program was developed by National Disability Services through a Work Cover Training and Education Grant.