Literacy and Numeracy for the Disability Workforce
Literacy and Numeracy for the Disability Workforce provides learners with the necessary tools and skills to confidently read, write and apply numerical information.
120 minutes (self-paced)
$50.00 Incl GST -
Being able to read, interpret, and record information is an important skill for the disability workforce.
- Support workers
- Service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand literacy and numeracy and how it applies to your role
- Read, analyse, understand, and write documents clearly and accurately
- Identify and interpret signs and symbols
- Read and record dates, time, and temperatures correctly
- Interpret and apply numerical information to your role
In care and support, literacy is essential for support workers to read, interpret, and write documents, including individual plans, handover notes, reports, instructions and more. The ABCs of Literacy course provides learners with the necessary tools and skills to confidently read and write documents that apply to their role. In care and support, numeracy is essential for support workers to be able to handle money, manage medication (e.g. dosages, date and time), and document records. The 123s of Literacy provides learners with the necessary tools and skills they need to fulfil their roles confidently.