Living With Epilepsy and Disability
Do you care or work with someone with an intellectual disability?
$46.00 Incl GST -
There are unique challenges and issues that arise when someone has epilepsy and an intellectual disability.
- Support worker
- Family with epilepsy family member
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the link between epilepsy and intellectual disability
- Ability to identify epilepsy challenges
- Ability to recognise seizure activity
- Ability to manage seizures and quality of life issues
- Ability to supporting the individual with epilepsy
Do you care or work with someone with an intellectual disability? Epilepsy is more common in people who live with intellectual disability than for the rest of the population and it is estimated that 1 in 5 people with intellectual disability have epilepsy. There are unique challenges and issues that arise when someone has epilepsy and an intellectual disability. This half-hour course is designed for support workers and families to provide an understanding of living with epilepsy and disability. The course covers some of the challenges faced, recognising types of seizures and the impact on quality of life. Please note this course does not cover seizure first aid. For seizure first aid see Epilepsy Essentials.