Manual Handling for Disability Support Workers
Explore manual handling techniques for supporting people with disability.
$82.50 Incl GST -
Manual handling can present great risks when supporting people with disability. Learn how to manage these risks with this course.
- Disability support workers
- Disability service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify a hazardous manual task and safely address it
- Apply key manual handling techniques for the disability sector
- Manage customers into and out of bed and during falls or seizures
- Manage customers into and out of vehicles
This eLearning module for Disability Support Workers addresses what makes a manual task hazardous and how to manage the risks associated with it. The tasks and their examples are placed within the context of disability support. With a number of demonstrative videos and interactive activities, topic areas include:
- Managing risk associated with hazardous manual tasks
- Personal Care