Positive Behaviour Support
Let’s explore positive behaviour support.
5 courses, 25 mins per course
$132.00 Incl GST -
In a support role, it's essential to provide positive support that meets the behavioural needs of a person with a disability.
- Support workers
- Service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand what positive behaviour support is and how to apply it
- Respect a person’s right to choice and control
- Listen and communicate respectfully with a person with disability
- Be aware of a person’s sensory needs and preferences
- Uphold the values of positive behaviour support
Positive Behaviour Support refers to the respectful and ethical approach to supporting people with disability who may display behaviours of concern. It takes a human rights-based perspective, aiming to ensure people with disability receive the care and support they need. Offered in five parts, the Positive Behaviour Support course equips support workers with the knowledge and skills to safely and confidently support people with disability. With a combination of visual and textual content, learners will explore key concepts of positive behaviour support, including choice and control, communication, and sensory needs and communication.