Preventing and Responding to Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
This course is for disability support workers to increase their skills and knowledge in the prevention of and response to abuse and assault affecting people with disability.
$38.50 Incl GST -
This course covers essential information for the prevention of abuse and assault and how to appropriately and effectively respond.
- Disability support workers and service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand current abuse, assault and human rights legislation
- Identify types of abuse, assault and risk of harm
- Identify indicators of abuse, assault and risk of harm
- Understand reporting requirements including the difference between children, young people and adults
- Support alleged victims
This course is for disability support workers, including their managers and supervisors, to increase their skills and knowledge in the prevention of and response to abuse and assault. We recommend learners be mindful of the potential impact this material can have and to make themselves aware of support services available should they find the material distressing in any way. Proudly distributed in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance: Training Alliance.