Supported Decision Making
This interactive course introduces critical concepts and principles of supported decision making, to help empower a person with a disability.
$38.50 Incl GST -
Learn about supported decision making and how it can empower people with a disability.
- Employees within the disability sector
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the key concepts, principles and strategies related to supported decision-making
- Apply these concepts, principles and strategies to your daily work
- Identify challenges and strategies to maximise opportunities for people with a disability to make decisions in all aspects of their lives
- Understand issues relating to decision-making
Decision-making is a human right and an essential part of everyone’s life. This module introduces the Supported Decision Making Practice Framework and discusses in detail the various elements of the framework. Critical concepts of supported decision-making are explored and their application presented through examples and practical scenarios. These concepts and principles help empower a person with a disability and affirm their right to be in charge of their own life. The module takes on average 80 minutes to complete. There are five sections (which are each approximately 15 minutes long). Acknowledgment: Produced by the State of NSW through the Department of Justice, NSW Public Guardian and funded by NSW Family and Community Services.