Transporting People with Disability
This course is essential for staff and individuals responsible for assisting clients and driving company or accessible vehicles.
$40.00 Incl GST -
By equipping support workers with skills to secure individuals and wheelchairs, it emphasises the duty of care towards passengers, colleagues, and themselves.
- Aged Care and Disability support workers
- Family, friends, and carers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Explain your responsibilities as a driver.
- Demonstrate understanding of client safety during transport.
- Describe safety consideration when assisting a client in and out of a vehicle.
- Demonstrate risk management and safe manual handling techniques.
- Show how to correctly use wheelchair tie-downs and seatbelts.
- Explain location and use of manual override on hoist in van.
- Describe what to do in case of an accident.
This course provides crucial training to ensure safety while transporting individuals with disabilities, minimising risks to workers and clients. There are two elements to this program, covering a comprehensive range of content that equips learners with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel as drivers. By completing this program, learners will gain a clear understanding of their responsibilities as drivers, enabling them to confidently navigate various transportation scenarios while prioritising client safety.