Understanding Abuse – Zero Tolerance
Learn how abuse & neglect manifests in disability support services, and what to do to ensure you provide empowering support to people with disability.
$10.00 Incl GST -
People with disability are vulnerable to abuse and neglect. You have a duty to ensure their human rights are upheld.
- Disability support workers
- Disability service providers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand abuse & neglect in a disability service context
- Take action against abuse & neglect
- Conduct person-centred care in line with human rights requirements
Understanding abuse is about recognising abuse as a violation of a person's human rights. A focus on what makes life good for each person is the best way to enable rights and minimise risk of abuse. It is also about knowing what signs to be aware of that abuse is happening or has taken place. This 30-minute video based e-learning program for disability support workers. It consists of three modules with printable worksheets to help facilitate personal and group reflection and a commitment to action. It covers topics such as:
- How abuse & neglect occurs
- How to help each other take action against abuse & neglect
- How to ensure you are providing effective, empowering support to people with disability.